- You have great products, you offer great rates and have unmatched customer services. You also have your business is listed on Facebook, the largest social media platform with more than 1.86 billion monthly active users worldwide. But still, you don’t get the kind of response you expect?These days, everyone is on Facebook and frankly, the platform is a bit overcrowded with businesses of all types vying for their customers’ attention. But, the good news is, you can utilize Facebook to make your business stand out from the rest. How? Here are 6 smart ways to gain traction on Facebook and outsmart your competitors.
1. Post Frequently and Post at the Right Time
When it comes to increasing the visibility of your brand, you need to work hard to increase Facebook engagement. You cannot get a huge response from a single post. So you need to post regularly. However, there is no definite answer to ‘what should be the frequency of posting per week or per month?’ It depends on your audience and their craving (for content).
For most businesses posting once or twice a day would be enough. Another thing to remember is that you need to post when your audience is active. Check your page analytics on a regular basis to find out when your audience is the most active so that you can engage with them right at that time.
2. Boost Your Posts
If one of your posts did really well, you can leverage it further to get some more attention. You need to spend $5 to boost your posts (on a per post basis) and you can reach out to a larger number of potential customers. $5 isn’t too much, so you can invest this amount once in a while to push some select posts to your target audience and grow fans.
3. Call Out Names
Stirring controversies has been an effective way to gain attention and it’s a great way to popularize your Facebook page. But, be warned: this involves some risk. Creating a post that polarizes your audience, encourages them to take a side and voice their opinion. It could be anything from the classic Chicago vs. New York pizza debate to some current news that your audience cares about.
Remember, you will get all kinds of responses, both positive and negative; so have the right attitude to handle them. Keep your cool and enjoy the attention.
4. Enter promotional partnerships
First, search and collate a list of say 30 to 40 Facebook pages for products, services or communities that are complementary businesses to yours.
From your list, send a message to each page, introducing yourself and sharing your Facebook status (such as page likes and engagement).
- Propose an offer of promoting their Facebook page to your fans on a Facebook update provided they are also ready to do the same. This will help you to reach more local Facebook fansHave a look at the sample intro message below:
5. Go For A Facebook Contest
A brilliant way that you can use to promote your products or services is by running a Facebook contest. Result? You get new likes, engagement on your face business page, thus growing your brand and gain traction on facebook. It’s also a great way to draw people to like your page to participate in the contest.
Here are some successful Facebook contest examples:
Kellogg’s Eggo® Waffles
- Kellogg’s Eggo® Waffles did an amazing thing to get traction and engagement on their Facebook business page by hosting a two-part Facebook contest. First, they asked the participant to submit their best Eggo waffle recipes by uploading photos on their Facebook brand page.
- Second, they asked their fans to vote for the recipes. The prize money for the winner was $5,000. Through this contest, they were able to generate tons of user generated content, gain traction from this Waffle contest.
At present Qwertee.com has around 392512 fan base. You might want to know how they have achieved this figure?
They held a contest not only to grow their Facebook audience but also brand their T-Shirt. They run a contest with Facebook ads where they asked the participants to submit their email, like the page and get a chance to win 10,00 t-shirt every week. This particular contest really went viral thus meeting their goal of acquiring 100,000 likes till the contest ended.
They were not only successful for branding their product but also used this database of email ids to turn fans into the loyal customer for future with email marketing.
Himalaya Baby Care India
- Himalaya Baby care India threw a contest where they asked their fans who are basically young parents in India, to take a selfie on how they keep their baby cool in hot Indian summer. Just in few hours, their contest has received around 1.2 K views, 83 shares, and 202 likes and lots of users generated content with photos.
- You can click on the below link to know about all the successful Facebook contests to try out for your business:http://blog.wishpond.com/post/52173284787/10-amazing-examples-of-branded-facebook-contests-done
6.Use QR Codes To Gain Traction On Facebook Page
QR (Quick Response) codes are rather steadily picking up among the growing smartphone-browsing crowd.
You can create your own QR code for Facebook and entice your potential customers to scan instantly directing them to your fan page thus allowing them to walk through your profile, like, comment, share or engage with the promotion that you want to run with your Facebook brand page.
Facebook is an effective marketing tool and when leveraged in the right manner, you can expect amazing results. By considering the five points discussed above, you can gain traction on Facebook and take your business to the next level.